Huyton Towntrail - Part 1

We begin at the focal point of old Huyton Village, St. Michael's Church at the junction of Bluebell Lane, Archway Road and Huyton Lane; a church having stood on this site from at least the 12th Century. Inside the church, are two fonts: the first, dating from the 12th Century; the second from the late 15th Century and an effigy of John de Winwick who died in 1349. To the left of the church in Bluebell Lane, stand a row of mock-tudor cottages built in the mid-19th Century and adjacent to them, stands the village cross. The cross was originally erected in front of the church, but was moved to its present location alongside the 19th Century Derby Terrace.