Eagle & Child Inn, Church Road, Halewood


Ref. No.: WFN78
Date of Photo: 1998.

An Inn has existed on this site since the late 17th Century. The name Eagle and Child derives from the crest of the Stanleys, Earls of Derby, and their ancestors the Lathoms. This public house and the nearby Derby Arms, are featured prominently on the Tithe Map of the area produced in 1843.

© Copyright.