Oak Bench, St Mary's Church, Knowsley
 
 

 

Ref. No.: WFN131
Date of Photo: 1998.

The Old Oak Bench, located in the sanctuary at St. Mary's Church, Knowsley. This bench came from Old Knowsley Hall. It is from the time of the 7th Earl James and is clearly dated 1646. It bears the inscription across the front of the chest, 'James Stanley Charles, Let everything that have breath praise the Lord'. It also has carved on it the coats of arms of the Derby and Strange families.




© Copyright.