Stone at base of Kirkby Cross
 
 

 

Ref. No.: WFN13
Date of Photo: 1998.

The Cross erected in 1876 bears the following inscription: 'St. Chad Lord Bishop of Lichfield 669 A.D.. Danes found or build a chapel on this spot about 876 A.D.. Diocese of Chester formed out of that of Lichfield 1542, This Cross set up by the founder of the new church 1876'.




© Copyright.