The oldest part of the township is the area around Tarbock Green, often called Blue Duck corner after a former Inn. In the fourteenth century Tarbock Hall had its own private chapel but the villagers would have attended St. Michael's Church at Huyton. It is thought that a chapel was built at Tarbock Green in the mid sixteenth century. The building was pulled down in the late 1830's, despite being 'rich in carved woodwork', possibly due to the completion of a building of a Chapel of Ease at Halewood in 1839. This area which is now an important conservation area contains a number of old cottages, including one, believed to be the oldest in the village, which bears a datestone of 1776.