Knowsley Village retains much of its 19th Century charm today with an abundance of typical estate cottages, its old Post Office and next door alms houses which bear a plaque in memory of Frederick Arthur, 16th Earl who died in 1908. The Derby Arms in Knowsley Lane, once again bears reference to the Lords of the Manor, while another public house the Pipe and Gannex in Sugar Lane, was named after the former Prime Minister and Labour Party M.P., the late Harold Wilson. Sugar Lane, was also the location of Knowsley's Branch Library which opened in June 1976. Although the library closed in the 1990's, the village is now served by the Borough's Mobile Library and the branch library at Stockbridge Village is close by.
Knowsley Hall was often on the itinerary of Royal visitors and the celebrations would often include the tenants and estate workers of Knowsley Park who would be entertained in large marquees set up within the grounds close to the Hall. King George V and Queen Mary visited in 1913; King George VI and Queen Elizabeth in 1938; Princess Margaret in 1950 and Queen Elizabeth II in 1954.