Halewood Timeline - Part 4

  • 1930 Land in Halewood North End and part of Halebank held by the 17th Earl of Derby, was sold to Liverpool Corporation

  • 1950's Housing estates including tower blocks built to cater for the surge in the population

  • 1963 Ford Motor Company plant completed at Halewood but in the building of the plant, two ancient moated sites were destroyed: the Old Hutt, and Wrights Moat.

  • 1974 Halewood became part of the newly created Metropolitan Borough of Knowsley.