Cronton Timeline - Part 2

  • 1780 Bears Paw Cottages used as a workhouse for the poor until 1843 when the Prescot Union Workhouse in Whiston was opened

  • 1821 Cronton Hall sold by the Wright family to Mr Bartholomew Bretherton of Rainhill.

  • 1868 Pex Hill Cross destroyed by Widnes Corporation during the construction of reservoirs.

  • 1893 Public Elementary Catholic School built.