William D'Acre, Lord of the Manor granted the right to hold a weekly market (Monday) and a three day fair at Corpus Christi
Prescot is included in the Bodleian map of Britain
Manor sold to John of Gaunt and on his death passed to his son, who became King Henry IV
Henry VI granted the patronage of the rectory to his newly endowed college of St. Mary and St. Nicholas, later Kings College, Cambridge.
Start of coalmining in the area
Prescot Grammar School formed
Prescot Manor bought by the Layton family, and rebuilt
Introduction of watch-making to the town
St. Mary's Church rebuilt
Manor House rebuilt by Robert Roper (demolished 1930's by BICC)
Turnpike road to Liverpool built
Tower and spire added to St. Mary's Church (MUS1982:38:1)
Town Hall (PT252) rebuilt on site of former building.
John Philip Kemble baptised at Prescot.
New building for Prescot Grammar School (PT72) completed in High Street, used until 1924.
Market Round House (PT92) built, demolished in the 1860's.
Prescot Gas Company formed.
Prescot Local Government Board formed.
Branch line of the London and North Western Railway from Huyton to St. Helen's via Prescot (MUS1994:6:29) opened.
Lancashire Watch Company (MUS1983:15:1) founded.
British Insulated Wire Company (later BIHC, then BICC) established by James and Jacob Atherton.
Electric lighting of Prescot and Knowsley Hall by BICC.
Prescot Urban District Council formed.
Tramline from Knotty Ash to St. Helen's via Prescot.
Prescot Mill (PT249) destroyed by a fire.
(figures in brackets are reference numbers of photos in the main site)
Edward VII (PT312) passes through Prescot on his way to Knowsley Hall.
War Memorial (LS/X/143) unveiled.
Prescot Grammar School moved (PT54) to a new site on St. Helen's Road.
Town Hall building demolished.
Knowsley Metropolitan Borough (WFN176) formed.