Mill built by Adam the Carpenter from Upton.
Township given as alms to Stanlaw Abbey.
Dissolution of the Monastries, Cronton Manor sold to Thomas Holt of Gristlehurst.
Cronton Cross (CR9) repaired.
Bears Paw Cottages (CR8) used as a workhouse for the poor until 1843 when the Prescot Union Workhouse in Whiston was opened
Cronton Hall (WFN5) sold by the Wright family to Mr Bartholomew Bretherton of Rainhill.
Pex Hill Cross destroyed by Widnes Corporation during the construction of reservoirs.
Public Elementary Catholic School built.
Population of Cronton was 583.
Catholic Church (WFN158) built, largely due to a donation from Frederick Stapleton-Bretherton of Rainhill.
Local government re-organisation - Cronton becomes part of the new Metropolitan Borough of Knowsley (WFN176).
(figures in brackets are reference numbers of photos in the main site)